Thursday, January 20, 2011

Growing Pains

My hips are so tight! OoOOooouuuuuuuccchhh!!! :(

So, I had a minor hip injury once. I was at one of my fiance's brother's bands's shows. Jesus Christ, lets try that again. My future brother-in-law's band (better) was playing one night and I wanted to dance!

Big Mistake.

Apparently "dancing" that night turned into some sort of hip dislocation/relocation/pull/tear/stretch/ouch. I am not sure entirely what happened, all I know is the next day my left hip was in excruciating pain. Then I had a moment of genius---

I'LL JUST POP MY HIP!

Oh, for those of you who don't see where this is leading, I apologize for what I am about to relay. Yes. My hip, did indeed pop, and it hasn't stopped popping, creaking, or hurting since. THIS WAS 2 YEARS AGO!

So, I, in my ultimate wisdom, decided to be a Belly Dancer. 99% of belly dancing is Hip Wiggling! And I have a hip that will barely move! Oh, what joys! What bottomless pits of fun!

One nice thing about doing this to my body, is that I have learned more about what is wrong with my hip. I now know, for example, that my hip flexor is WAY tight on my left side because I have babied it for so long.

When I do hip drops (which would remind you of the bass on a hip hop song-- BUMP BUMP BUMP) my right hip drops PERFECTLY! My left hip, that sore bastard right over there, barely moves up and down at all.






So I started looking up some stretches and found a really neat website. I only found it this morning, but I can literally feel a difference! It's only been like 8 hours since I started doing these stretches, but every time I feel that left booger start to tighten up I do a few of these babies and I feel great! :D

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment